Does loving mean getting hurt all the time in the end?

Does loving mean getting hurt all the time in the end?

adaline
When I was younger, my parents taught me that love is a beautiful thing and that it’s the most wonderful feeling an individual could feel. They taught me that I should love without condition and that I should love without regrets. I grew up believing that. I had my first boyfriend when I was 18 and everything seemed magical to me that time; I couldn’t get enough of the fact of him loving me. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for the both of us. I was heartbroken but I still held on to what I have learned from my parents. I kept loving until I became too broken that now, I could not fix myself. Tell me, is this supposed to be love? Until when will it keep hurting? When will it last? When will it stop or will it ever stop?