Gf wants to get back to together. Should I go for it?

Gf wants to get back to together. Should I go for it?

hurting999
We broke up a few months ago and I haven't heard from her since then. Because of this, I assumed that she was fully determined to get over our relationship and move on. It was hard, but I tried my best to take the same route. Recently, I started seriously thinking of dating again and decided to book a flight for dream tours for singles event. That's when she messaged me out of the blue, saying she misses me.

We started talking again, and she stated she wants to get back together. Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I give it another chance, or push through with my trip?

Re: Gf wants to get back to together. Should I go for it?

ananthiM
Sometimes, it takes days to come to terms with it, sometimes weeks. In my case, it took me months. There was a lot to reconcile. You can fall out of love with somebody but no one ever addresses the burden of emotional investment that you put into the relationship so far. I kept giving myself reasons for why it was okay have invested so heavily into someone. I kept telling myself that it was absolutely fine, that in that moment it all felt right. But I found it very difficult to come to terms with all that I had let go to keep it all together all these years. Moving on takes time. I knew that. I have helped a few friends move on. Alcohol, tinder, and some other things I can’t talk about have played a significant part in the process. But I never knew when it came to me, things would be different. And I am not really writing this as a moving on the motivation for people around me. I am writing this because I feel there are some things about an  that we never really address.