How to deal with a jealous girlfriend?

DarylMendula25
My girlfriend gets insanely jealous from the smallest things and it’s getting out of hand. Yeah I admit that I did cheat on her once, but that happened a long time ago. I don’t search women by ID or chat with them online behind her back anymore. While I admit that I might accidently like some random girl’s selfie on Instagram or Facebook, it really doesn’t mean anything. She doesn’t get it though and will completely go off on me when she sees that I’ve liked a girl’s photo or commented on it. How do I deal with this?

Re: How to deal with a jealous girlfriend?

ananthiM
At the root of jealousy lies fear of loss. Like many jealous partners, Kevin feared the loss of their relationship, loss of self-respect, even loss of 'face' fearing how his friends would see him if he were to be 'made a fool of'. Fear makes for feelings of insecurity.

When fear lessens, so does jealousy. More than feelings of fear, jealousy also leads to a smorgasbord of other emotions such as anger, hate of love 'rivals', disgust (sometimes self-disgust), and hopelessness.