Is it a good idea to send money instead of visiting?

Is it a good idea to send money instead of visiting?

Hard35Hat
My wife’s family has been struck with calamity and I want to offer help. I’m just not sure if she would take it or not. Should I still go through with it? We only met through some Philippines wife tours I joined a while back. She has never asked me for money or material things. I was planning on visiting her at the end of the year, but I was thinking maybe instead of traveling to the Philippines, I could just use the money to aid with her current situation. What do you guys think?