Long distance relationship is killing me.

Long distance relationship is killing me.

matxx
My girlfriend and I have been in a long distance relationship for a year now. She’s in Europe to achieve her goals in life. It was never easy, though. We used to be together since we were college. We were inseparable from the moment we have known each other through Latin America singles club. LDR measured how deep and strong our love for each other really is. At the first three months, it was all going well. That was a rocky road but we still managed to work it out. I did not know if it was just me who tried to work it out. She did not seem to care any less. Small things became subject to bigger arguments. When I didn’t know what was happening to us anymore, I decided to follow her. There, I saw her enjoying the life she used to dream of. I saw her slowly fulfilling her dreams. I realized she was fine without me; that broke my heart. I gave her time and space to think about herself, her dreams and us. She agreed and told me she needed that. I just hope the space I gave won’t separate us for good. Did I make the right decision? Or did I just let go of the woman I really wanted to be with forever?

Re: Long distance relationship is killing me.

ananthiM
both of your work-life balance is tilted towards work, your relationship will walk out of the door. The lack of a physical connection in long distance relationships is often the breeding ground for cheating, and slow brewing breakups, trust issues, especially when you are in a long distance relationship. No relation, romantic or not, survive without trust.