My girlfriend's mom does not want me for her daughter.

My girlfriend's mom does not want me for her daughter.

timothee
My girlfriend and I have been together for quite some time now. She is not one of the typical women from USA because although she is half American, she grew up with her mom in the Philippines and just moved here seven years ago. That’s actually the thing. We couldn’t agree on some things because she has a Filipino perspective that is way too different from the American perspective that I got used to. Her mom doesn't want me for her which is why she wants to break up with me now. I mean, is that really how the Filipino culture goes? Can somebody explain this to me?