What's a good messaging tool?

GroundShock55
I’m so tired of using Skype and Messenger to communicate with my long distance girlfriend. Skype keeps crashing and Messenger is annoying for me. Can someone suggest a good messaging tool aside from those two? It’s hard not to use online apps when trying to keep a foreign relationship together. A reliable method of communication aside from texts and phone calls will really mean a lot to me and my girlfriend. I really need all the suggestions that I can get. Preferably, it should have a call and video call feature and should not consume too much data. Thanks!