When one says "I love you" before the other is ready

When one says "I love you" before the other is ready

john

My Girlfriend told me she loved me while wasted and admitted later it was premature. I was crushed hearing that because I know I love him. It's only been about 2-3 months so I get that it's not a huge deal that he's not in love but I'm still really sad. I wish he had never told me he loves me rather than taking it back. He said he likes me and loves things about me. He still wants to move forward and get to know me. I asked if we should slow things down and not hang out as much and he said "no way!! I don't want to change anything!"

I've heard of relationships where one person says the "I love you" and the other isn't there yet so they don't return it then but maybe say it months later and they end up okay and eventually get married. But for me it's hard to get past this.